The Dr. Robert Dennis National AVAVRP Citation Award
This award was created to honor Dr. Robert Dennis who founded AVAVRP in 2013. This award recognizes AVAVRP members who are continuing Dr. Robert Dennis’ vision for advancing the mission and purpose of the Association while influencing the profession of Rehabilitation Counseling.
· A VR professional who demonstrates outstanding qualities of achievement in rehabilitation counseling services.
· Nominee who has contributed to outstanding services to AVAVRP in areas such as legislation, membership activities, publications, or professional services.
· Demonstration of excellence in ensuring learning is integrated with work, and uses knowledge gained to improve Rehabilitation results by (a) converting information, vocational data, and processes into opportunities & (b) promoting the transfer of knowledge and influence from person to person.
· Regular engagement in advocacy efforts for the profession of Rehabilitation Counseling.
Rehabilitation Counselor of The Year Award
This award was established to recognize meritorious service or significant achievement in the field of rehabilitation on a local, state, regional, or national basis.
· Nominees must be VA employees providing professional Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
· AVAVRP membership for this award is encouraged but not required.
· Nominations may be submitted by anyone but must be endorsed by designated AVAVRP Executive Officers prior to consideration.
· Nominee's efforts should far exceed standard performance.
· Nominee's accomplishments should be recognized by coworkers, supervisors, and or community members.
· Nominees should exemplify individual achievements in rehabilitation counseling and or community collaborative activities.
· Nominees should actively be seeking ways to advance innovation and go beyond the status quo.